Ruth Harbor Praise and Prayer Requests
Thank you for joining with us in prayer, thanking God for His generous provision and asking for His continued guidance and blessing.
- TWO healthy babies born in the last week of August/first week of September! Both moms are also doing well.
- Host home found for an alumnus in great need
- Positive meeting with the State of Iowa leading to renewing our license as a residential group home
- Michele, our new counselor, has been able to increase her hours at Ruth Harbor and is already helping our residents.
- A few individuals has expressed interest in the open staff positions at Ruth Harbor (more are still needed!)
- The City has granted exceptions/variance for our parking lot project
- Donated services by our neighbor, Wells & Associates, in pursuing parking lot improvement
- Several items were recently received from our Wish List including a second mower (upkeep takes much less time with two mowers!)
- Strong giving received in the month of July, when summer giving is usually lower
- An unexpected and helpful financial gift was received from the Norwalk Chapter of 100 Men on a Mission
- One supporting church decided to raise their annual financial contribution for Ruth Harbor
- Recent opportunities to assist alumni through difficult circumstances
- Good “heart health” answers to health questions and for a safe pregnancy for a resident
- Wisdom/discernment in locating a new house parent assistant and additional backup house parents
- Extra strength for our lead house parents as they juggle extra activity and minimum staff
- Beth (Development Coordinator) blessed with new position elsewhere; Wisdom in filling this void
- Planning Your Legacy educational forum to be held September 20
- Updated van for transporting residents (Both current vehicles are becoming unreliable and have been in and out of the shop recently)
- Resources and referrals for women who are calling us and we don’t have room to serve them
- Office infrastructure hurdles to overcome: electrical, WIFI network, new computer needed, needing a screen mounted to a wall, and more
- Alumni who are parenting + Alumni who have placed for adoption
- Continued guidance and direction for Board and Staff